Mr Asamoah is the founder and executive chairman of A&C Development Co. Ltd, which is comprised of, inter alia, the A&C Mall, A&C Corner and A&C Village. He is a barrister-at-law and a former director of the World Health Organization (WHO) headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Upon his return to Ghana in 2002 he conceived and built the first shopping mall in Ghana, known as the A&C Mall. Since then A&C Development Co. Ltd has become a fast-growing real-estate and construction company, building and managing properties in many parts of the capital city.
Mr Asamoah is a lawyer by profession with post-graduate qualifications in public administration, human resource development, public relations and journalism. He has written several extensive articles and reviews on a wide range of management, administrative and legal issues. He is a Fellow of the UK’s Royal Society of Arts, and is also a member of several professional associations and societies, including the Ghana and Nigeria Bar Associations, the American Society of International Law, the British Institute of Comparative Law, and many more.
He spent 30 years with the WHO, a specialized agency of the United Nations. He rose through the ranks to the top of the professional ladder occupying many important positions, including Chief of Personnel, Director of Career Development, Global Security Coordinator, and Director of Administration and Finance. He also served as an adviser to the WHO’s regional director for Europe, and a special adviser to its director general on constitutional matters.
He was also the chairman of the committee overseeing WHO staff health insurance worldwide, and served on the WHO Pension Fund Committee. He did coordination for the WHO Executive Board Review of the Constitution and Regional Arrangements and assisted the task force for the regional office for Africa. In addition he was a member of the working group to review the report of the Executive Board on the role of the WHO’s country representative.
Since returning to Ghana, he has served and continues to serve on a number of national and international bodies as well as non-profit organizations. Some of the boards include:
- Chairman, Ghana National Labor Commission
- President of the Board of Trustees, Institut Pasteur, Dakar, Senegal
- President, Ghana Association of Former International Civil Servants
- Vice Chairman, Catholic Lawyers of Ghana Guild
- Non-Executive Director of Frontline Capital Advisers; Beige Bank Capital AssetsManagement; and Creative Trust Ventures
- Council member of the African University College of Communication (AUCC) Pension Academy
- Vice Chairman, Cardinal Turkson Fund for Health and Education
- Chairman, Board of Trustees, Council of Indigenous Business Association (CIBA) Pension Scheme, Ghana
- Member, Administrative Board of the Catholic Archdiocese of Cape Coast
- Commissioner, Presidential Commission on Pensions and a member of the Pensions Implementation Committee, Ghana
- Member of the Governing Board, Ghana National Fair Wages and Salaries Commission
- Member of the Board of Directors, Ghana Insurance College
In recognition of the above he has been the recipient of several prestigious awards both locally and internationally. Among others, these include:
- 2018 Business Growth Achievement Award, Ghana SMEs and CEOs Summit
- 2014 Winner BID International Star Gold Award for Quality, Geneva, Switzerland
- 2013 Winner Corporate Leadership Award, Capital Finance International cfi.co London, UK
- 2008 National Award: Officer of the Order of the Volta
- 2005 Planters of Seed Award Ghana Club 100
Andrew is married to Cecilia Asamoah, with whom he has three sons and a daughter. His hobbies are reading, sporting activities, listening to music and dancing.